BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 4: Sit & Stay (and finally, Down)

John is having a hard time getting the down trick. It's mainly because of a limp in his left foot. So, after much training and tricks on getting him to get the down trick, John finally made it! I was so happy he made it. It was no easy feat. It helps that i have chicken liver as his treat. I noticed most of the dogs were eager to be trained just for the chicken liver treat. So for now on, that will be my treat every training day.

On the sit & stay trick, John was having a hard time focusing. I guess he's so distracted with the other dogs around him. For the 5 seconds minimum of stay, John was only making 3-4 seconds of focus. :)

John is being bossy in the dog run. It seems like he knows I'm his trainer and that it is his turn to leave the run. :)

0 comments: